Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY: Pompoms


Hello Readers,

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while. Things have been very busy with the wedding coming up. I have a bunch of projects I'm working on and hopefully soon have the chance to share them with you!
Today I wanted to show you all how I made pompoms. There are lots of ideas out there...using forks, cardboard, or fingers, but wait until you see what tools I use!


That's right!
I use one of those lobster chomper things (there's a name for it right?)
So as you can see, the first step is just to wrap the yarn around the lobster chomper thingny until you get a nice thickness. I cut the yarn once it's thick to my liking then tie around another shorter piece of yarn around the middle.


I slip off the unfinished pompom from my "tool" and tie a second knot just to be sure.


Now that I know that the middle of my pompom is secure, I grab my scissors and chop away at the loops.
I ruffle and tumble with little "bundle" in my hands until I get a nice fluffy pompom looking up at me.


Aww isn't he a sweetie?
By the way, rolling the pompom around in your hands in one of the best feelings ever. Your fingers will love it!


You can find endless crafts for pompoms. Try this party ready garland for example? Or this happy diy wreath? Or maybe you just want to throw these pompoms on an old pillow?


So many ideas! Let me know what you come up with!




1 comment:

  1. Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web page, and your views are fastidious designed for new users.
    Here is my homepage - clean my pc

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!