Friday, November 5, 2010

Pine Cone Hunting

Just wanted to say that I was really inspired my all the pine cone projects that I posted earlier today, so my roommate and I went walking around in the woods looking for some pine cones. I tried putting the ones we got right off the tree that hadn't opened yet in the oven to see if they would really open up. Let me tell you...THEY DO! And the room does smell pretty amazing. Just make sure that you get them off the tree before they open up or else they just get hot and dont do very much. 



These are deer tracks...and guess what we saw a little while later on the hike...


Yaaay! I was so excited to see them. There were actually 3 but this is the only one I got a picture off.


We had a real bad storm here last week, and I guess the wind blew down a bunch of the trees.



This is my roommate. Isn't she cute?


Gorgeous!




The hunt went well.


These are the one's that we put in the oven. They actually turned out really well.





Anyway, end of the story is... we got lost and didn't make it back to campus in time for dinner. We had cold cereal and Mike brought us some more food that he had stashed in his room. The pine cones are currently in the oven baking away and they look wonderful! I can't wait to make something with them!


Goodbye and enjoy sleeping in tomorrow fellow college students!



1 comment:

  1. What a fun time! And I was checking out your earlier post as well - I never knew there was so much that could be done with pine cones. Particularly the heating them in the oven thing, I'm going to have to try that sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!