Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekend Crafts Roundup

I don't know about you,
but I've have had a couple of rough weeks and I am currently feeling an itch to curl up on my couch with some sort of craft project. The feeling of yarn or thread running through my fingers relaxes me so so much.


So lets grab some munchies, (salty or sweet) and make something beautiful!


LU Loves Handmade has been hosting a blog party over here and made these super cute felt owls!
How awesome would these be as Christmas tree ornaments?


Little Hope from Skunkboy Creatures made her very first diy tutorial featuring this pretty headband.
Hope, I will be waiting to see what else you come up with!
:-)


Here's a simple way to jazz up that notebook buried in your desk drawer.
It's a budget happy way to make school notebooks cute, and a fun project for kids too.


Say you're going to a birthday party or bridal shower this weekend.
How do you make your gift as pretty on the outside as it is on the inside?
Well you could 
A. look at my Christmas wrapping ideas here
or 
B. Check out this tutorial by my rival...Martha Stewart
(she doesn't know I'm her rival yet)


I think that this is my favorite craft of the day!
And while you're at it... make some smaller "trunk slices" for a coaster set.
Just brainstorming here...




3 comments:

  1. Heyyyy, thank you so much for featuring my DIY party, but you misunderstood something, in the text it was written that the owl was made by Katja, not by me! :) Wish you a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great crafty ideas :) I'm with you ... when I've had a hard week, curling up on the couch with my knitting is super-soothing. I'm working on a short-sleeve cotton cardigan that I'd started last summer and then stashed away and forgot about. MAYBE I'll have it done in time to wear before this summer is over! HA.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and commenting too! :)
    - Mandi
    www.lifeinbeta.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!