Did you know?
1. You may stick a penny in your shoe for luck, but a sugar cube in your glove will sweeten your union according to Greek culture.
2. The engagement and wedding rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was believed that the vein from that finger lead straight to the heart.
3. In 1840, Queen Victoria set the white dress standard. Before then, girls just wore their best dress.
4. The custom of layered cake started when the bride and groom would play a game at the reception. The goal? To kiss each other over the cake without knocking it off the table!
5. In 1995, a French bride was arrest for stabbing her new husband with the knife they had JUST used for cutting the cake.
6. A bride had to kiss the minister before kissing her new husband if she was married in the Church or England.
7. Brides stand on the left side if the groom so that the right hand is free to grab a sword in case of a fight.
8. Forget throwing rice or seeds, people used to tear off chunks of the bride's gown for good luck.