Saturday, May 15, 2010

Where's Waldo? And Where's Mike?

The past few days have been somewhat of a downer.You know those days when everything seems to go wrong? I just have about 4 of them in a row and currently living in one of them.
Mike has been super sick and yet still performed in Northland's artist series. That's a story in itself. He was so sick that he was pale the whole time he was up there singing, and just about passed out twice. I was sitting on the edge of my seat just waiting to jump up and run to his side. He scared me half to death.
I ended up dragging him to the kitchen right after he had a breather outside in the fresh air, so I could get him some water, hot tea, oranges, and a granola bar. He felt a little better, but I still marched him back to his dorm and watched him walk inside (just to be sure he was ok).
Today was no different. My poor boyfriend and I sat in the back during graduation so he could get up for water if he needed to. He did, and took so long that I was afraid that he was unconscious on the floor in the hall. I went out to look for him, but he was fine. Just walking slowly.
He didn't eat very much at lunch, and won't eat dinner.

Sigh, I just hope that he will be better tomorrow for our flight back home. It's going to be a little rough on him.

So as I spend the day on my own, and packing everything has been checked off the list, I browse the internet searching for something to do. After an hour of facebooking and whatnot, I found an old childhood friend...Waldo. As in "Where's Waldo?" I was very excited when I found out that I could play a game online. (click here) and even more when I found out that I could turn myself into a Waldo (click here)!
I haven't finished finding everything in the game left, but I've found most things. Maybe you'll have better luck.

So, In honor of rediscovering my long lost childhood friend Waldo, and because I have oodles and oodles of time tonight, I've decided to relive some childhood memories I had with toys.

Drum Roll Please...


Dolls, oooooh how I loved dolls. I used to brush their hair and play all sorts of games with them. I would tell them my secrets and tuck them in bed with me.


Toy cars, I used to "drive" these things around for hours and hours with my brother. We must have had a hundred of them. They were all my brother's, except for one that was hot pink. That one was mine.


Easybake ovens, My daddy bought me one of these for Christmas. I must admit, I never did bake anything right. I would either burn it, spill it all inside the oven, or give up and eat it all raw and goooey.


Towels, yes yes believe it or not I played with towels. I would lay them on the floor and roll up the edges to make a "canoe" on which I would explore rivers and meet friendly Indians. Of course whenever boys where around we tied them around our necks and became super heroes conquering the evil villains with our multitudes of powers!


That's all for now folks! I'm going to continue searching through that Waldo game, maybe even pop in a Pixar movie... anyway...
Enjoy your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!