Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A camera for my birthday...

Good Morning Dear Readers!

Well, it finally happened. 
I had been waiting and waiting...and being such a little patient girl, and I finally got my wish.
Mike came over last night for supper and popped out of the car with a bright orange bag in his hands.
I knew that it was my belated birthday present, and I couldn't wait to see what was inside.
We walked to dinner together, talking as though the bag didn't exist. Just going on about our day when he couldn't take it anymore. 
"Open it! Open it!"
I tried to play "cool" and act as though I could wait...but I couldn't.
I soon found myself smiling down into the bag looking at a brand new camera!

I had been longing to carry a camera around for over a year now. Those of you old followers know how much I love taking pictures,  pictures of anything!
I love capturing the most normal of moments of my day, and then playing with the colors on Picnik.
My blue camera suddenly kicked the bucket one day and I have been cameraless every since. Yeah, I've tried borrowing cameras from friends, but it feels so good to hold one in my hands again. And this one is mine, and I never have to worry about returning it on time.


I'm so happy and getting a little "camera crazy".
I can't wait to start capturing memories again...especially the memories I share with Mike.

"The camera makes everyone a tourist in other people's reality, and eventually in one's own."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!