Saturday, March 26, 2011

Come Fly With Me


"Come fly with me let's fly, lets fly away..."

I wish I could.
Today Mike is flying back to university to finish up for the year. I was so lucky in being close by him while he student taught; but it had to come to and end eventually.
Next time I see him will be at graduation and I know it's only 5 weeks but those weeks are going to drag on and on. Anyway, we did get to have one last date...


On the way down to Vermont I crocheted this little flower and sipped on a Tim Horton's Iced Coffee.


Then I was able to meet up with Mike at an Asian restaurant and have a bite to eat.



I honestly think that my favorite thing about these places is the tea. Is that strange?



After dinner, we walked over to a little cupcake shop and had a little dessert. Of course that wasn't enough so we also stopped at the grocery store to pick up some Ben and Jerry's ice-cream. Interestingly enough, they were having tasting samples of Vermont goat cheese too. Being from the city, I've never had goat cheese and my first experience with it was...unique. 
I will leave it at that.


Eventually, it was time to say goodbye.
I'm really really really going to miss him but we'll keep in touch with skype and e-mails.
Some say it's get's easier to say goodbye after you have a ring on your finger but I think it just makes it harder.

Don't worry about me though, I've cried my tears and today will be filled with crocheting and shopping therapy.

3 comments:

  1. Hey ur having sidebar issues!! Thread I found in a charity shop! Etsy has looooads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting ready to leave my love soon as well. Hmm I think the best thing is to keep busy. We are so lucky to have Skype in this day and age. Good luck <3 I just stumbled upon your blog today. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you know where bag is from? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy!