Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Beautiful Place


I'm one of those girls who waits and waits for the IKEA catalog to arrive in the mailbox.
I'll spend forever browsing the pages, circling things that I love, and folding the corners of my favorite pages.


When I heard that Mom needed to go shopping for her renovated bedroom, I quickly asked to visit IKEA.

Mike was a total sweetheart and tagged along without complaint.


The idea of using chalkboard paint in my house could get dangerous. The risk of this girl spending all her time doodling all over the walls would skyrocket. 


Since my student teaching buddy used an IKEA broccoli plushie in her lesson plan, I have been on the lookout for my own broccoli buddy.

You can buy one here for 9.99, or get one in store for 7.99.


Another thing I love about IKEA, is all the textures and styles they carry. There is a fabric print for everyone.


We decided that IKEA carries not only the best bargain lunch, but also the best hot-dogs in the world!

Listen up my thrifty friends...

 

You can buy 2 hot-dogs and get 1 can of soda for 2 bucks.
These babies were so good that Mike went back for more!


At the end of the day, we bought some new dishes (that will be up on the blog later) a broccoli buddy, and a tasty lunch. I got lots of photos and ideas for our new home that I can't wait to share.

I kinda felt like a hippie while walking around the store today. I don't know...what do you think?


Are you IKEA crazy or do you think that the brand is overrated? Let me know what you think and if you would like to see my take my blog friends along on more shopping trips!


See ya later alligators! 

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!