Friday, January 6, 2012

Wedding: His Ring


Goooooooood Morning readers!

I am one happy blogger because today I get to blog about Mike's wedding band!
I feel so gidish and excited to have finally purchased it.
Mom keeps finding me looking and smiling at it, and I think that's just fine. I'm very excited about getting married.
So, referencing my own personal experience, I have written a little "Tips and Tricks" for buying a wedding band.

1. Shop Shop Shop
 Take your time. I shopped around for almost a year because picking out something I thought he would like. 
Picking out a ring that he'll wear for the rest of his life is slightly stressful, so don't rush yourself.

2. Talk
Be sure to tell the clerk exactly what you're looking for. They tend to pull out the shiniest, most pricey rings to draw your attention away from the more affordable ones. Don't let them dazzle you with a glittery show. Let them know your budget and general style of ring you're interested in.

3. On the doted line
Don't put yourself in a corner so you feel the enormous pressure to buy "today". Let the clerk know that you're "looking around" or "window shopping". This takes off some of the pressure and lets you see the ring for what it is...not all the sparkles and commercials. 

4. Stand your ground
Anyone who knows me knows that I have a very hard time saying "no" to people. But when it comes to a big purchase like this then you need to stick to your guns. If you don't feel 100% comfortable or are not totally in love with the ring in every way, then don't buy it! Don't let that gorgeous girl behind the counter talk you into how you'll never find another ring like this one is the world, or how she'll give you a special deal because you're just so nice. They see you as a big o'l bag of money and will say anything to get a sale.

Okay so I guess that about sums is all up.
Oh what did you say?
You wanna see this little ring I got here?

Well....this is one of my little secrets. You'll just have to wait until July like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy!